Offering a new brand to your salon can open up opportunities for new clientele and increase your revenue. Whether you are opening your business for the first time or are looking to add more brands to your product range, it is important to ensure that whatever brand you are looking to supply is consistent with the other products you stock. Ensuring your retail stock complements your other products can help your team to cross-sell and up-sell products after particular services to help your clients maintain their regime at home.
- Stand out in the crowd – We all know how competitive the industry is and how standing out in the crowd can help the success of your business. With this being said, the products you choose to supply in the salon can help shape your business and your salon identity. Research your competitors to see what they aren’t offering and what you can do to fill this gap.
- Give your clients confidence – In order for your clients to bring in repeat business, the brands you offer need to meet the variety of your clients needs, from their lifestyle to their beauty objectives.
- Recommendations – If you are in two minds as to whether to place an order with a supplier and still have some questions that you want answering, ask whether they will put you in touch with another user. Hearing how another user or a collective of users get on with a certain product will help put your mind at ease as to whether this is the product for you.
- Buy British – With consumers being more savvy than ever when purchasing across the board, your clients may find the idea of British brands within your spa or salon really appealing.
- Work with the brand – Keep a good working relationship with the brand you are buying from to ensure that they are doing everything they can for you. It might be worth asking whether they have a dedicated business development manager to assist you with brand promotions and marketing your spa or salon.
When looking to purchase a new brand, it is also a good idea to consider the cost of investing in a new supplier. We all can be guilty of buying too much, especially when we are looking to expand a product range. However if you know what you have in stock, you can make more of an informed decision before ordering additional products. By utilising your spa or salon software to monitor your stock and usage, you could save yourself and your business a lot of money.
To find out how Premier Software can help your business with stock control, stock usage and purchase orders, contact one of our representatives today on 01543 466 580 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.